Feb 10, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness

So I just learned about something called 52 Weeks of Happiness. Basically, every week you post 4 pictures of things that made you happy in the last 7 days. It's a little late to start, but I think I am going to try to do this.

I know that my last post ended up becoming something of a rant, and I apologize for that, as I hoped for this blog to be more about crafting. The thing is, I am (a) Not staying at my dad's house, therefore am not encouraged to make things as I would be while sitting around in my room between applying for jobs, and (b) Horrible at taking pictures! I have a nice camera, but I forget about it. It also eats batteries if I leave them in it, so I have to put the batteries in, take pictures, upload them, then remember to immediately take the batteries out. Whenever I let someone borrow my camera it always comes back with dead batteries, because people tend to just leave the camera on or forget to turn it off after uploading. I'm not sure why it's such a battery devour-er  but it really pisses me off that I ended up with a nice camera that has such a drawback to using it. Otherwise I might have gotten more into the habit of taking pictures, and then I would have all these pictures. You know, of my life in general. I would like to have more pictures to show people in the future, for example my children.

So, some of the pictures might not be taken by me, but the things that might be worthy of being the 4 things that made me happy that I'll post about will most likely be blogs I found, patterns/tutorials I found, or food. My boyfriend refuses to have pictures taken of him while he is as fat as he is, so it's not like I'm going to be able to get pictures of us on Valentine's Day.

In fact, I might not even post pictures. You know what? If I CAN get pictures I will, but if I can't, I will just list off things that made me happy. Because it's a good thing to do. I think that if you write down a few things that made you happy every day, you'll start to have a better outlook on life. I certainly could use that!

Since today is Sunday, and technically it's the beginning of the week, I will write down 4 things that's made me happy now:

1. I'm MOSTLY not sick anymore! I didn't blog about it, but I had the flu!
2.My boyfriend got over the flu MUCH faster than I did! Plus he didn't get it from me!
3. I found an old friend and had a nice, long talk with him. It got a little emotional, well a LOT emotional, but I'm still really happy about it! I wish I had a picture to share with this one, but I won't see him until next week. Even then, he might get called in to work...
4. I found a new blog to start following!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, yes I showed up at your blog.....good Job!
    Keep posting and I'll try to check in from time to time...
    Mel's Designs 'n Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being MOSTLY not sick is great!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think posting your happies without photos is perfectly okay. In fact, it's a great idea! Well done you for thinking of it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woops! Forgot to say "thanks" for the linky. :o)

    ReplyDelete