Feb 28, 2013

Food inspirations

As you all know, I'm not much of a cook, but I really do have fun making SOME food... It's just one of those crafts that don't seem as fulfilling. You spend hours making something, for your kids to say they don't like it, and everyone else eats it all in 20 minutes.

Baking, on the other hand... There always seems to be leftovers. When I make my 9x13 lasagna pan full of baked mac and cheese, it feeds 2 people for 4 days. My pretzels lasted until today. Cookies last for days. So do cupcakes. At least in my family. Even with the little brothers who will eat anything sugary before turning to REAL food.

But, I still plan to be a wife and a mother one day, and to be a successful one (in my eyes) I need to learn how to cook. So, why not try making the more fun things first? Maybe I will start to think it's more fun.

Here are some things that I've been wanting to try.

Buttery Soft Pretzels ... Yeah, I still want the buttery ones. 

Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed Potato Skins

This all may not be the healthiest of things, but it's not like I'm going to make these all in 1 day! What's hard is that this is all... Baked stuff. How am I ever going to get into actual cooking!??

No comments:

Post a Comment