Feb 14, 2013

How I REALLY made the Mac and Cheese

So, here's the REAL recipe and not just me guessing, haha!

 1 lb Shell Pasta
5 Cups Milk
6 TBS Flour
16 Oz. Shredded Velveeta Cheese
1 Package "Lil smokies"
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Bread Crumbs

Anyways. If you look at the recipe I wrote down before, it's like half of this plus slightly wrong. I'll make a note on that post. Although I bet it tastes just fine.

 Cook the pasta. Drain. Put into lasagna dish. Cut Lil Smokies into 3rds, mix in with pasta.

 Heat milk. Add flour and make sure it's mixed in well. Slowly add the cheese and stir until it's all melted. You will need a pig sauce pan... The picture below is only 3 cups of milk. The sauce will turn orangey when the cheese is melted. Sorry about forgetting to take a picture.


 Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta... It should just about cover the pasta. If you're worried about this bubbling over the edges, go ahead and put a cookie sheet underneath the dish in the oven, which you probably should have preheated a while ago to 350 degrees F. Bake for a half hour.


Here's what the boyfriend contributed: (Raw)


Now cooked: (Forgot to take a picture before I started cutting the leftovers up to fit into a tiny tupperware)


and here is the Mac and Cheese baked:


The picture doesn't do it justice.

Anyways, there you goo.... I warn you, while you're making the cheese sauce, it doesn't really look or taste good... But it's freakin' delicious after it's all finished! You will have a hard time to stop eating! We are all full... Literally, our stomachs are maxed out... and we keep wanting one more bite!

My BF also made sausage, but it was still cooking when I was taking the pictures. I also wanted to post a picture of me in my apron I made yesterday, but he's asleep now! Full bellies do that to you!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment