Feb 26, 2013

Pretzels and Camera dying.

Well, I just tried taking a picture and my camera won't turn on. The camera is 5 years old, but I didn't use it very much. It was actually a horrible choice of camera, simply because of the way it ate batteries. Those batteries never had a chance with that thing. I'm going to try to resurrect it, but honestly, I was never much of a picture taker. The biggest problem is that I want to try selling things online soon, and I even made myself a nice little light box, but I don't have a job and I don't think a new camera is a good way to spend my little amount of money. In fact I don't think I can afford a new one anyways, and I am not the type of person to buy used electronics.

Anyways, I wanted to post about my Pretzels that I made, and take a picture of them because they turned out nice looking, and I did manage to get a pretty good one with my phone. Nice sunlight catching the pretzels.



I mostly followed this recipe, mainly because all we had was cake flour and whole wheat flour, and although they look pretty good, I can't say I'm a big fan of whole wheat pretzels. I added about 1/4 a cup of milk halfway through, then a little bit of butter, and then ended up adding about a whole 'nother cup of whole wheat flour to make it stop being sticky. Other than that I followed the recipe, even using coarse sea salt, because that was what we have out on the counter.

I wanted to make cheese sauce for them, but we don't have any chedder cheese, so instead I made some honey mustard dipping sauce. I took a heaping big spoonful of mayo, a level big spoonful of yellow mustard, and about the same amount of honey as the mustard, and mixed it together. It tastes pretty good, but after a while it seemed too sweet. Maybe a little more mustard?

I made 9 pretzels with the extra cup of whole wheat flour added in. Next time, I hope to make some that taste more like mall pretzels and use white flour. and make cheese sauce. Because I think that was what I really wanted when I started making these, just something to dip into cheese. I like cheese. Especially cheese sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment