Mar 14, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday early Thursday morning!

So I started my sweater! I've only just got done with the ribbing at the top. I decided to go with the $5 in Paris pattern.


It'll be black with red ribbing, and I haven't decided if I'm going to alternate thin red stripes with thick black stripes or if I'll just do the main part in just black. I think it'll look a little too plain, but I'm not sure if there's enough red to do stripes.

I've done the math with my gauge and stuff and I still think it looks too small, but it's on the needles. I know it will be wider than it looks.

I'm super excited to be knitting something for myself finally, but I'm using that red heart super saver yarn and I definitely will have to wear clothes underneath this, as it will be a little scratchy. I haven't done anything this big before though and I'd rather do the first one with cheap yarn first.

After this, I want to do something a little chunky and with a hood, and probably a zipper. I'm not really that big of a fan of pullovers, but this is pretty much off the shoulder so the neck line won't bother me much.

I've started a knit along (KAL) here on Craftster for this sweater, so if anyone would like to join me in knitting $5 in Paris, please do so! Feel free to post pictures here and on Craftster!


Join us on our Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment